Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Art on my wall!


I have plenty of ready to hang art and I change it around according to mood and sometimes season. This is "Sacred Vessel 8" from a series I did on sacred vessels. It is encaustic and measures "12x12",wax, paper collage and vintage buttons from my grandmother's button and trim box. This piece was the result of my first class on encaustic and I was learning how to paint with the wax, and use the heat gun etc. I have done very few encaustics, not because I don't like working with the materials but because I need to work outside and it's either too cold, too windy or too hot...maybe this summer.
I decided to take this 3min. meme I found over at Leslie's, textures shapes and color. Perfect for me today...no deep thoughts, just quick responses. Try it!
1.Where is your mobile phone (cell)
car
2.Your significant other?
coffeehouse
3.Your hair?
long
4.Your mother?
Heaven
5.Your father?
Heaven
6.Your favorite?
both
7.Your dream last night?
compelling
8.Your favorite drink?
Chai Tea
9.Dream/goal?
art
10.Virtue?
Fair
11.Hobby?
gardening
12.Fear?
money
13.Where do you want to be in 6 years?
alive
14.Where were you last night?
home
15.Something that you aren't?
mean
16.Muffins?
Blueberry
17.Wish list item?
vacation
18.Where you grew up?
California
19.Last thing you did?
paint
20.What are you wearing?
sweats
21.TV?'
evenings
22.Pets?
no
23.Friends?
many
24.Your life?
grateful
25.Your mood?
positive
26.Missing someone?
sister
27.Car?
PT Cruiser
28.Something you're not wearing?
mascara
29.Your favorite shop?
discount
30.Your favorite color?
aqua
31.When is the last time you laughed?
morning
32.Last time you cried?
Saturday
33.One place that you go to over and over?
beach
34. One person who emails you regularly?
Dona
35.Your favorite place to eat?
Nuevo's

19 comments:

  1. I love this little meme. Its fun to read what your answers are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always so original and interesting.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reds & oranges - my favourites!

    Great meme - your life in brief sounds a lot like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - sweats and no mascara - the joys of being home! For me - red plaid pajama pants and Irish Breakfast Tea...I miss her, too. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to read about you in this meme. I love the sacred vessel encaustic. Outside due to the fumes?? I have done wax melting in the garage workshop and also inside the house but I just use the beeswax and oil paints not encaustic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore old buttons. Nice bright, cheery piece! And fun meme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary Ann,

    I love this encaustic piece. I have often wondered about using the wax pigments, however decided heating up things might not be the best choice for me...although I can sure see the draw! The colors are so intense...

    Fun little quick answer quiz. Lots of fun..

    Thanks Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your significant other!! I went straight to a person rather than a place but of course it can be anything we want it to be! thanks for sharing about yrself it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your significant other!! I went straight to a person rather than a place but of course it can be anything we want it to be! thanks for sharing about yrself it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie, Yes, it was fun and fast!

    Jean, Thank you and please, visit often!

    Patti, My favorites are blue and of course, orange goes so nicely!
    We are all so completly connected!

    Karen, If we could really be "seen", sweats, pjs and all!
    So many years to miss someone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suki,The meme was fun.
    I can't use the oil paints indoors because of the strong smell.

    Willow, I have this wonderful box filled with old buttons ...they can be so beautiful, like jewels.

    Kim, I just love the scent of beeswax but I've done very little in the way of encaustics.
    The meme was good fun.

    Rosie, I'm so dopey...I thought the second question was asking "where" is your significant other? = coffeehouse! It was fast and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make encaustic look so intriguing, thaat I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue Sky, this painting is gorgeous, and feels like glass! I know nothing about encaustics, other than they aren't easy. Really like the oriental flair.
    Loved your meme answers!

    And oh yes, if we could all be seen while painting "in the rough"!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the idea of changing art often...i sometimes get stuck...blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary Ann, that looks like a vessel to hold the sunshine! So shimmery and warm.

    And I enjoyed your meme answers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I finally got around to putting up my Superior Scribbler award and passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors and very innovative! The sheen lends it that extra appeal.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pat, Encaustics has beautiful color, and scent but materials and set up can be expensive.

    Babs, The meme was a fun thing to do...feel free to do this one if you like...time yourself...3min.

    Crea8Tiva, A mix of materials and techniques can be a real spirit lifter!

    San, The fun thing about encaustics is the occasional buffing of the surface...brings up a luster and the beautiful scent.

    Sadia, Thank you for visitng, I like your digital work.

    Luisa, I too like the combination of orange and blue...!

    ReplyDelete

reply