Monday, February 26, 2018

Catalog Green

6"x10", tea stained cloth, assorted dyed cloth,machine free stitching, embroidery.

A study of colors of grass. Choosing cloth and using my brand of archeology to catalog orderly examples of remembered sections of lawns, grass seeds, meadows. Created as a notebook page...worn from review. I'm 73 now and I forget and remember so many precious moments. I remember seeding a lawn, laying on fresh cut lawn watching clouds, walking knee deep in warm meadow grass. This might be the beginning of a series of 'cloth notebooks'.

10 comments:

  1. I do hope so! This is simple but very striking and your post very evocative. I well remember childhood games on our lawn at home and of the scent of the grass after my father had mown it. Thank you for sharing your memories and prompting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouraging words...sure helps at beginning efforts. Yes, our fathers mowing the grass...sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful work, thinking of spring

    ReplyDelete

  4. This is wonderful, so inspiring .. i am thinking about adding a little textile simplicity to my artwork! But currently in the Looking stage ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful.. and l love the trees on the post below.. the greens especially in springtime in Florida are just magnificent, I just love these two pieces.. and it makes me think of all the greens I too love and remember.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - this this wonderful, Mary Ann; I think it could stand as a finsihed work - I'd like to see it in a frame! I also like the idea of a cloth notebook, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sharmon...I meant as a page (framed) of a found notebook. I usually leave a tied thread to denote a loose page.

    ReplyDelete

reply