Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Spring Time

10"x17", stamped fabric, paper, embroidery, beads and free style machine stitching.
Slow going on this second piece('Catalog Green' the first)of taking a good look at spring...both in memories and observation. On observation our weather has been a mixed bag...rain, sunshine and even hail!  And on the subject of memories, I always draw upon my childhood visiting my grandmother. She had the most magical garden and introduced me to each flower, shrub and tree. I can still see her wearing her apron and yes her slippers...she would admire blooms, and occasionally bend down to pull an unwanted weed. Most mornings she would visit with neighbors over the fence, water with a long green hose and then take me in for soft boiled eggs and a cup of (milky) coffee.
.Next big project clean the studio!

2 comments:

  1. What a fab piece this is!! You did a great thing here. Hope all is well with you. Happy Spring! x

    ReplyDelete

reply