Monday, September 17, 2018

Angel Unseen

7"x8" printed cloth, silver and turquoise beads, assorted colored threads. Began this bird/angel in early August. I've picked it up, put it down countless times. It has been larger and wrapped in copper leaf. It had four circles sewn to each corner of a patchwork background now cut away. This little stitched blindfolded angel is what I have salvaged. During these August/September days, I have been dealing with a non-life threatening ailment...causing aggravation, discouragement but finally and gratefully have arrived on the other side of this physical problem.
There is a beautiful Blindfolded Angel Hasidic tale but this little one is more personal story about not seeing, not knowing....trusting in the mending. Hopefully I'll be back full steam at the work table!  

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Glad to hear your recent health issue has been resolved, at least for now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...yes resolved for now and smiling!

      Delete
  2. Of course I had to see your heart angel up close.. and she is lovely and the beading reminds me of navajo stitches too.. very cool, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caterina...my pleasure to have you drop by...thank you!

      Delete

reply