Thursday, July 16, 2015

Violet Possiblities


Two selections this time for Roy G Biv Day...seems I like violet but rarely find violet as a strong color in my work...especially fabric pieces. The top piece I posted as a yellow choice but today I'm choosing it as a 'violet' piece. The second choice is a favorite of mine. There really is a burial place referred to as 'Pharaoh's Daughter" and it is still a bit of a mystery as who this really might be...? I created a mosaic on fabric with a mixture of silver leaf. The rather alone plant is a lavender/violet with grey and rust stitched vines. This may be the end of the letters of Roy G Biv day but it will continue with other colors such as white, brown etc. so stay tuned as the search continues. Lots more violet choices at  jennifer
Julie

4 comments:

  1. These are beautifully subtle. How well purple always teams with gold - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I couldn't find any purple standing alone. I'm off to visit your search results!

      Delete
  2. That top piece has always been a favorite of mine, but I also love the subtlety of the bottom one... both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom one had such a good story connected to it...inspired by the story and also about being a daughter...its one of my favorites....thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

reply