Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last of Three

Well here is the last beauty of the three. The red is greyed down and even more so with the scratched silver leaf. I think the circle collage is strong in this one, showing many textures and the silver thread very clear. It has a framing quality and the lines below still talk to me like time markings but I could be wrong? I like the circle on the left side...saying moon, saying round repetition of the circle in the square...human and divine. None of these three came under the category of huge struggle. I don't mind when some work develops with an easy hand and eye rather than frenzy overly trying. I think all three look good together but each one also holds its own. The other night I passed by them in the late evening in the studio with the lights dim and I was so surprised at their strength and quiet beauty...luminous with dark places.
I am on shaky ground today as well as the past two weeks. Do you ever have those times in your life when everything is perfect and then.....!?! Getting this blog up this winter has been my thrill and meeting and marrying Pablo soul enriching.With that said, I just spent 10 days in the hospital and our life has been turned around like a spinning dial? I'll spare you the details but we are still looking for places to land.


The blog just may not flourish as I had hopped , it may take more time than expected and I may need to learn a truckload of patience. Reporting I am still here, Pablo too ,a wide circle of loving friends has appeared and our dance of recovery begins. Love the blog!

4 comments:

  1. Surprised and delighted to see and hear you again here! I love how alive this piece is and can imagine the textures and subtleties passing by in low light.
    I can't wait to visit and see it, and just be with you in person.
    Much warmth,
    P-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing all you've been through, this is a real joy! I checked back again and again to see if there would be anything new posted here. This peace (oops! I mean piece - er..or.. perhaps I was right the first time)has a real warmth eminating from it - not unlike the glow and draw of a warm fire on a cool evening. Love to you and Pablo!
    -karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. the third painting intrigues me the colors and shapes keep evolving
    in different patterns and placement
    Are you sure this is the last? I love them all.S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, imaginative work. I like them all!

    ReplyDelete

reply