Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Ancient Water Garden

14"x17", solar prints...fish and palm trees, embroidery, machine stitching, beads on assorted cotton and one paper stencil, hand stamped fish and gold design.

I was inspired by an ancient artifact depicting Egyptians tending a garden with a pond filled with fish and water fowl. From that inspiration to here was a long and rather primitive journey in imagery and colors. This is the last of my ancient garden series for now. I completed 6 and feel I've really had a chance to explore this solar print process.  August has been beach morning overcast and afternoon hazy sun...not ideal. I'm not sure what is next but I'm in the studio most days...keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. This is very compelling, Mary Ann. I know I left a comment on facebook, but I wanted to ask you about this solar printing process. Can you tell me what product you're using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharmon, thank you and I've sent off a little blurb to you. I've also used other products for solar printing so if this product is not to your liking...let me know.

    ReplyDelete

reply