Saturday, June 4, 2016

Sunny Days

Following the notes from my last post: I magically chose two story suggestions and three application suggestions. Not limiting myself to just these but allowing them to act as a beginning for new work. Above photo is an easy sun print using Jacquard Solar Fast in sepia. I love picking up items at the art supply and then just waiting for some free studio days to explore. I'm also using this sepia for painting on fabric and maybe later use it for negative (need to read instructions) transfers onto cloth. I used small olive tree leaves for the ones above and I like them all but especially the indigo piece. My only difficult right now is a sunny day. Yesterday was warm and bright sun but today the fog has rolled in so I'm out of luck for play. The perils of living at the beach!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, the sepia darkens with the sun so each time it is a surprise!

      Delete
  2. these sun prints are just amazing, I long for a real art store up here, and guess I will have to break down and order online, I miss experimenting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have had to order online because the stores in this area don't always have the items I'm looking for and I like to wander and find new and different stuff!

      Delete
  3. these came out beautifully. love this method

    ReplyDelete

reply