Saturday, August 23, 2014

Intentions

These scraps are partially scrubbed and rinsed of flour paste and paint. The plan is to create a mosaic...grout lines. The ultimate intention is to reveal an ancient mosaic ... a fragment of a beautiful wall or floor. I've been inspired by recent discoveries of mosaic walls featured in my latest archeology magazine. I'll use an assortment of treatments but for me it's a slow process of trying this or that and stretches of unknowable next steps BUT eventually reaching a place that feels like a finished journey. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. What great fabrics. I'm sure you'll use them well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I've been moving fabric around for a couple days, cutting, looking, cutting more ... so far nothing worthy of stitching down but I think I'm getting close. In these matters things turn out so different then first intentions?!

      Delete

reply