Friday, February 4, 2011

Walking with Ruth

20"x20" Rives BFK, acrylic,paint stained fabric collage, cardboard, watercolor crayon and wax thread. A pattern has been emerging, a composition that I'm sinking into and will explore. The square shape represents (to me) the table top (helicopter view), in a grid, fragments, mosaic of memories in the grand collective. The four (legs) in the Byzantine view finder which also appeals to me. This particular piece has a quote from the Book of Ruth, a story I find beautiful and universal and ongoing in my art making.

One of my goals for this winter's hibernation was to get my website up and running with a link here on the blog. The site still begs me for tweaking but if you would click on my name M.Lehrer-Plansky in the sidebar, you might visit and look about. It feels so good to cross off a goal ... now forty + days until Spring... my really big studio goal!