Sunday, February 11, 2018

Rose & Olive

11"x11", "Rose & Olive", I usually start with a project and this time was to play with dye packets by Jacquard. I work small and didn't want to fill a washing machine with fabric to dye so this was to try a small application...! The dream or inspiration was of ancient olive orchards and how that might look and feel. This background fabric was a gift from fellow Facebook friend Connie Rose and I think it sets a mood of a burning desert sunrise or a flaming sunset. Added a few beads for the sparkle of the light. Now I dream of just such a harvest under the light of a rose glowing sky.

Another example of dream tree images is in the side bar...Ancient Treeline. I used my handcut stamp of a palm tree top and added more fabric for the trunk.This fabric was once again a generous gift from Connie Rose.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, Mary Ann. I too have had gifts from Connie Rose. She is most kind and generous with her talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by...always so good to read your comments. I agree Connie Rose is most generous.

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely piece, Mary Ann. The colors and stitching are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure pleasure reading your comments...means so much to me...thank you!

      Delete
  3. This piece speaks to me. I have never forgotten the ancient olive groves I visited many years ago during a summer in Italy. There is nothing so glorious as an Italian sunset. You have captured my memories perfectly. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share similar memories...your words brought the combination of smiles and tears...thank you!

      Delete

reply