Saturday, December 30, 2017

Winter Prayers

11"x18", assorted embroidery stitches, machine stitching, newsprint, silver/gold trim, gold leaf, beads.
 I began with the circles...each one demanding its own combinations of cloth, stitching and beads. Four created a square and then I began seeing a square box appearing. I usually make three dimensional boxes but not this one. The top piece had many lives and shapes...I think I was looking for magical or mystical. The trim became the glitzy silver and gold trim I have been saving for years. The scraps of Hebrew print speak of my attempt at prayer...the ancient beautiful prayers. Surprised myself with the pale blue and tea soaked lavender trim. Look closely and the circles continue in gold thread on the pale blue. This is the last of the year and the second of this winter. I might have a few more efforts on behalf of winter...

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful piece to end the year with. May it bring us blessings in the new year. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Connie This has been such a tough year...Thank you and yes a blessing to us all.

      Delete

reply