Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Moon Entrance

9"x14" tea stained fabric, crochet piece, silver leaf, embroidery and machine stitching, digital photo on cloth.
Time in the studio has been limited and there have been so many stops and starts. This small piece has had many directions and several 'lost days'. I used a digital transfer of a loved sketch of phases of the moon. Last resort was taking this to my sewing machine and let some free stitching create these precious views. I'm loving the variations of mottled stain on these different fabrics...very little control and plenty of surprises. The rest of July and into August will be slow paced which I think is good for an artist of my age...a gathering of myself and unfolding ideas and looking for tattered beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

reply