Monday, January 16, 2017

Almost Forgotten

Looking in my shed for a frame and I came across this large collage. All my work has my personal story but this one has strong details...like a prayer remembered. I unframed it and will store it in a better and safer place. It is mostly magazine collage with addition of gold and silver leaf with watercolor here and there.
Still working on a large stitched piece inspired by Bruce Feiler "Walking the Bible".  The piece represents one of the many oases in the 40 year exodus.

8 comments:

  1. This is really
    so utterly beautiful.
    You've such a keen eye for the arrangement of details......

    And Happy New Year, Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...this is one great way to begin the New Year... with your wonderful words here...thank you!

      Delete
  2. It looks so dimensional, what a cool piece..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece that is. I'd keep it out and look at it daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. I did...framed and on the wall...but then there is the new work and I need the frame!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, this piece is glorious! I can't believe you put it in your shed and forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete

reply