Friday, July 10, 2015

"Star Relic"

'Star Relic', 51/2"x7", muslin, beads, machine and hand stitching on rusted, painted stamped cloth. This piece completes my exploration and this one especially will be a reminder to return to at a later time as this one is easily connected to 'between stars' list which is FULL of possibilities for me.

Amulets is the series of choice for now. I'm excited about making beauties of power and protection. I have been reading 'Amulets' by Sheila Paine and learning so much. Of course, I'll take this info and mix it with my imagination and take to my work table. I think its going to be a good ride...more three dimensional and perfect for shadow box frames.

I see this blog has lots of visitors but not so many comments? Please feel welcome to comment anytime...I like the back and forth of thoughts, ideas, etc....!

2 comments:

  1. I love it and I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie,..I'm having a great time with amulets...learning to work with triangles?!

      Delete

reply