Monday, December 8, 2014

Color Choices

This photo is of three piles of assorted fabrics, papers and trims ..3 palettes you might say of next images. I'm starting a new exploration and my inspiration is about ancient scribes, the remnants of the beautiful illuminations of sacred text. Pieces ravaged by time, secured in sealed jars, left to sand burials and thoughtless looters. I'm excited about putting together fabrics, sewing, beading and various images to produce my take on such magical texts. As usual it begins for me, reading my archeology magazine, visiting museum sites and reading books off my shelf that speak of ancient wisdom. At this point I'm filled with butterflies and some doubts because starting a new journey has so many unknown factors ... one step at a time ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment

reply